General Data Protection Regulation
It is an honour and pleasure that you have chosen our law firm as a legal service provider. In order to provide you with our services properly, we process your personal data to the extent necessary. In accordance with the new European Data Protection Regulation known as GDPR, we provide you with detailed information on how we process your personal data. See below for more information. Please pay attention to them.
In case of any questions please contact us at email address email@example.com. Thank you.
Information on the processing of personal data
PLICKA & PARTNERS, advokátní kancelář, s.r.o., IČO 07524242, DIČ CZ07524242, with its registered office at Národní 58/32, Nové Město, 11000 Prague 1, company registered in the Commercial Register kept by the Municipal Court in Prague under file number C 301940, represented by executive director Mgr. Robert Plicka, attorney-at-law, Czech Bar Association reg. number: 14849, (hereinafter referred to as „PLICKA PARTNERS“) as a data controller hereby informs his clients (hereinafter referred to as „Client“), to whom he provides legal services (hereinafter referred to as „Services“)on the processing of their personal data, in accordance with the applicable legislation on the protection of personal data, in particular Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (hereinafter referred to as the „Regulation“).
In the performance of its contractual, professional and legal obligations in accordance with the Regulation, PLICKA PARTNERS is entitled to process the personal data of its clients for the purposes specified below, to the extent and for the time necessary for this purpose.
Contact details of PLICKA PARTNERS
Mailing address: Národní 58/32, Praha 1 – Nové Město PSČ 110 00
Telephone Number: +420 212 344 444
Contact person: Mgr. Robert Plicka, adresa: Národní 58/32, Praha 1 – Nové Město, 110 00
1. Lawfulness of personal data processing
The lawfulness of processing Client's personal data is given in a sense of the Regulation, especially on the basis of the provisions of Article 6 par. 1 of the Regulation
- letter a) where the Client has given consent to the processing of his or her personal data for one or more specific purposes;
- letter b) when the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the Client is party or in order to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract (i.e. for the purposes of properly providing legal services by PLICKA PARTNERS to the Client); or
- letter c) if the processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation of PLICKA PARTNERS; or
- letter d) if the processing is necessary in order to protect vital interests of the Client or of another natural person; or
- letter e) if the processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in PLICKA PARTNERS; or
- letter f) if the processing is necessary for the purposes of legitimate interests pursued by PLICKA PARTNERS or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the Client which require protection of personal data.
2. Purpose of data processing
- Provision of legal services pursuant to Act No. 85/1996 Coll. on advocacy consisting mainly in providing legal advice, representing the Client in proceedings before the courts of the Czech Republic, drafting documents and letters, processing legal analyses of matters, communicating with counterparties and possibly other forms of legal assistance agreed in any demonstrable form between PLICKA PARTNERS and the Client on the basis of a contract on the provision of legal services, or, as the case may be, on the basis of an order or with a consent of the Client accepted by PLICKA PARTNERS (hereinafter referred to as the „Contract“).
- a legitimate interest of PLICKA PARTNERS under the Contract.
3. Scope of processed personal data
For the purposes referred to in paragraph 2, the Client - natural person shall provide personal data in the extent of name, surname, contact details (telephone, mailing address and / or permanent address, e-mail address), date of birth, personal identification number and IČO and DIČ in the case of self-employed natural persons. If necessary and upon special consent, the Client also provides a copy of his / her ID card or passport. If the Client is a legal entity, it provides personal data to the extent of title, first name, surname, e-mail and telephone contact of the statutory representative or other contact person or employee or employees. Furthermore, in some cases and if necessary to fulfil the purposes referred to in paragraph 2, the Client of PLICKA PARTNERS provides personal data necessary to identify and verify the identity of the Client or the Client's representative (if the Client is a legal entity), personal identification number and, if not assigned, date of birth, place of birth, permanent or other residence, nationality, business name, distinguishing addendum or other signification, place of business and personal identification number in the case of a self-employed natural person.
4. Duration of the processing of personal data
PLICKA PARNERS shall process the personal data for the validity period of the Contract, and after its termination they shall be handled in accordance with relevant valid legislation, particularly the Advocacy Ac and Act No. 499/2004, Act on archival science and record-keeping services and the Regulation.
5. Method and principles of personal data processing, information about Client's rights
PLICKA PARTNERS is entitled to process personal data manually or automatically through its authorized employees. PLICKA PARTNERS is obliged to maintain the confidentiality of all personal data and facts it has discovered in connection with the provision of legal services to the Client. However, PLICKA PARTNERS is not bound by the confidentiality of its employees to whom it provides information in the course of both its activities and its activities in PLICKA PARTNERS. PLICKA PARTNERS declares that PLICKA PARTNERS employees and / or cooperating PLICKA PARTNERS attorneys are bound by confidentiality within their employment or similar contracts. PLICKA PARTNERS may be released from confidentiality only by the Client or by the requirement laid down in the valid and effective legal regulation.
Client's personal data are stored in PLICKA PARTNERS secure databases. PLICKA PARTNERS declares that all processing of Client's personal data, or their necessary transfer, will be carried out fully with respect to the Client's privacy and in compliance with applicable law, in particular with applicable law on personal data protection and legal and statutory regulations regulating the activities of an attorney.
6. The right of access, rectification, restriction and erasure of personal data
The Client has the right to obtain information from PLICKA PARTNERS whether or not the personal data concerning him are processed and to what extent (right of access). If PLICKA PARTNERS processes the Client's personal data, it is obliged to provide the Client with information about the personal data processed free of charge. For further information on processed personal data at the Client's request, PLICKA PARTNERS may charge a reasonable fee corresponding to the administrative costs of processing such requests. The Client also has the right to correct inaccurate personal data concerning him and to supplement incomplete personal data with regard to the purposes of processing, including through the provision of an additional declaration.
The Client also has the right to restrict the processing of his / her personal data in any of the following cases:
- The Client denies the accuracy of the personal data - in this case the processing will be restricted for the time necessary for PLICKA PARTNERS to verify the accuracy of the personal data,
- the processing of personal data is unlawful,
- the Client deprecated an erasure of personal data and asks instead to restrict its use;
- PLICKA PARTNERS no longer needs personal data for the specified purpose of processing, but the Client requires it to identify, exercise or defend legal claims;
- the Client has exercised the right to object to the processing of personal data - in this case the processing will be restricted until it is verified that the legitimate reasons of PLICKA PARTNERS outweigh the legitimate reasons of the Client
At the Client's request, PLICKA PARTNERS shall erase his / her personal data without undue delay if any of the following reasons are given:
- personal data are no longer needed for the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed;
- the Client withdraws the consent on the basis of which the data were processed and there is no other legal reason for the processing;
- the Client raises objections to processing and there are no overriding legitimate reasons for processing
- personal data were processed unlawfully
- personal data must be erased in order to fulfil a legal obligation laid down by the law of the European Union or the Czech Republic
The above conditions for the mandatory erasure of personal data shall not apply if the processing of the Client's personal data is necessary:
- to determine, exercise or defend legal claims;
- for the exercise of the right to freedom of expression and information;
- to fulfil a legal obligation requiring processing under the law of the European Union or a Member State to which the controller is subject, or to carry out a task carried out in the public interest, or
- in the exercise of public authority entrusted to the controller;
- due to the public interest in the field of public health according to GDPR;
- for archiving purposes in the public interest, for scientific or historical research purposes or for research purposes
- for statistical purposes under GDPR where the right of erasure is likely to prevent or seriously jeopardize the achievement of the objectives of that processing.
7. Right of personal data portability
The Client has the right to receive personal data concerning him, which provided PLICKA PARTNERS and are processed automatically, if any of the following conditions are met:
- personal data are processed for a specific purpose (s) on the basis of the Client's consent;
- it is a special category of personal data processed for one or more specified purposes with the explicit consent of the Client;
- the processing of personal data is necessary for the fulfilment of the contract to which the Client is a party or for the implementation of measures taken before the conclusion of the contract at the Client's request
PLICKA PARTNERS will provide the Client with personal information in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. The Client is entitled to transfer the obtained personal data to another personal data controller.
8. Right to object
In the case of processing of personal data based on the legal title of the legitimate interest of PLICKA PARTNERS, the Client has the right to object to the processing of his / her personal data for reasons described in the objection. In the event of an objection being received, PLICKA PARTNERS will cease processing (keeping personal data only stored) and assess whether it has compelling legitimate reasons for processing that outweigh the interests or rights and freedoms of the Client, or to determine, exercise or defend legal claims. If PLICKA PARTNERS concludes that it has such reasons, it shall inform the Client thereof, at the same time he shall inform him of the possibilities of further defines and shall continue processing of personal data. If PLICKA PARTNERS, on the other hand, concludes that it does not have sufficient reasons for the processing of personal data, it informs the Client, terminates the processing and erases the personal data.
9. Handling Clients' requests when exercising their rights with PLICKA PARTNERS
The Client may exercise the above rights in connection with the processing of personal data against PLICKA PARTNERS in writing to the mailing address of PLICKA PARTNERS mentioned above in this information. PLICKA PARTNERS shall inform the Client of the measures taken on the basis of the Client's request within one month of receipt of the request, but no later than within three months of receipt of the request, if the time limit has been for justified reasons extended. The Client is also entitled to file a complaint regarding the processing of his / her personal data to the Office for Personal Data Protection, electronically at the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org, via data box ID: qkbaa2n; by telephone at +420 234 665 111 or in writing at Pplk. Sochora 27, 170 00 Prague 7, or another competent supervisory authority in connection with the processing of personal data.
10. Recipients of personal data
PLICKA PARTNERS is entitled to transfer the Client's personal data for the purpose of further processing to persons (recipients) who process personal data solely for the purpose of the activity for which such recipient has been entrusted by PLICKA PARTNERS and mainly on the basis of a data processing agreement, and / or for the performance of legal or contractual obligations of PLICKA PARTNERS and / or based on the consent to the processing of personal data granted to PLICKA PARTNERS by the Client and / or on the basis of the legitimate interest of PLICKA PARTNERS. Such recipients are, in particular, cooperating attorneys of PLICKA PARTNERS, providers of accounting, tax and information and communication systems (for example, IT services) and legal representatives of PLICKA PARTNERS.